At JDM Associates, we provide our consultants a place to grow and develop while offering the opportunity to work on challenges that are both personally and professionally fulfilling. We work with clients who value the cost-effective, practical solutions that JDM provides to reduce the environmental impact of their real estate portfolios. Embedded in JDM’s culture is the belief that although we work on buildings and energy efficiency challenges, we work with people. We are deeply invested in our relationships, both with our internal teams, and with our external clients and other stakeholders.
We are currently seeking candidates for these open positions
Typical careers at JDM
Our work often requires talented individuals with skills and experience in the following roles
- Associate Consultant, Sustainability – Commercial Buildings
- Research Assistant, Sustainability – Commercial Buildings
- Consultant, Sustainability – Commercial Buildings
- Manager, Sustainability – Commercial Buildings
If you are interested in future opportunities in one of these capacities, please submit a resume for us to keep on file.
Why JDM Associates is a Great Place to Work
It’s challenging…and rewarding.
- We work nationally with influential real estate investors and policymakers to improve buildings’ financial and environmental performance by developing and executing sustainability strategies.
- We have a smart, talented, mission-driven team that thrives on tackling the challenges of the built environment and celebrating our client successes.
- We volunteer to help local non-profits increase energy, water, and materials management efficiency.
It’s a place for growth.
- We champion a positive work environment where intellectual development, collaboration, and personal growth are valued.
We encourage employee feedback through formal and informal processes, which shape our policies and management practices.
- We empower staff to develop and achieve their career goals through ongoing “feed forward” performance reviews.
- We entrust our employee-led Continuous Improvement Committee to serve as a sounding board and a critical eye regarding JDM processes – seeking ways improve the way we work, interact, and come together as a company.
- We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit! Everyone contributes to business development, innovation, and setting the company’s growth and direction.
It’s relaxed, and flexible.
- We advocate employee work-life balance through flexible office hours, short-term remote working opportunities, and generous personal time off.
- We have a casual dress code, a dog-friendly policy at our Falls Church headquarters, and a culture that promotes active lifestyles, wellness, and positive relationships.
- We like to get together! We host numerous staff bonding events, family-style lunches, happy hours, game nights, and barbecues.
- We maintain a fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks to provide convenient re-fueling for staff.
It’s got perks.
- We reward staff performance and tenure with additional vacation days and gift cards as merited.
- We provide eligible employees* options for group insurance plans including dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability and additional Life, and 100% employer-paid medical and Life insurance.
- We accommodate a healthy work-life balance through annual Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, and a parental leave program.
- We enable planning for future financial security, and offer competitive retirement savings benefits.