Commercial buildings consume 88% of the potable water in the United States, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. With water shortages looming nationwide and utility rates rising, reducing water consumption at the property level can significantly positively impact the bottom line and improve asset value.
At JDM, our portfolio-wide water management include:
- Developing corporate policies for the operation, maintenance, retrofit, and replacement of water consuming equipment
- Benchmarking and analyzing water use at the property level and developing site-specific best management practices to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Working with utilities to identify available incentives, rebates, and sewer credits
- Providing training and ongoing technical guidance and support
- Developing marketing and outreach materials to engage stakeholders