JDM Associates is a nationwide energy management and sustainability consulting firm, focused on commercial real estate. We work with clients who value the cost-effective, practical solutions that JDM provides to reduce the carbon footprint of their real estate portfolios. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and want to have your contributions valued by our clients, you will enjoy working at JDM. We understand the importance of working together as a team but allow each employee to have a key role in the company’s success. More importantly, we provide the opportunity for employees to have a personal and collective impact on our global environment.
We are currently seeking highly motivated and experienced candidates for the following positions:
The Engineering Consultant will provide specialized technical expertise in building systems and operations to support JDM Property Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Perform virtual and physical reviews of building systems and operations (e.g., HVAC, EMS, lighting, plumbing, irrigation)
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiencies
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses to develop budget guidelines for recommended improvements
- Review calculations and cost/benefit analyses to validate the underlying logic and assumptions, and problem-solve to correct issues and inconsistencies
- Periodically travel to clients' properties nationwide to conduct on-site asset evaluations
- Review and interpret technical manuals and mechanical/electrical schematics
- Participate in the technical development and training of other JDM consultants
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Mechanical knowledge of HVAC systems and equipment
- Knowledge of lighting systems and equipment; energy management/building automation systems; and standard operations and maintenance procedures
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished with written, oral diagrammatic, or schedule forms
- Must be able to perform standard mathematics to compute profit and loss, ratios, proportions, percentage, volumes, weights, and measures.
- Ability to closely track projects and tasks to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of high-quality deliverables
- Must be able to apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only a limited standardization exists
- Knowledge of sustainability topics specific to the real estate industry, primarily energy and water efficiency
- Experience with green building strategies and technologies for both existing buildings and new construction
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate and building operations
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) to effectively generate reports, graphs, and presentations
- Must have the ability to coach and mentor junior staff members
- Minimum of eight to ten years as a Building Engineer in a position of supervision and administration responsibilities. There must be previous budgeting, manpower development, and mechanical operating experience.
- ASHRAE Level I energy audits
- Due diligence work
- Undergraduate degree with an engineering background or related work experience
- Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), or Certified Commissioning Agent (CCA) designation a plus, but not required
JDM offers competitive compensation; comprehensive benefits; a flexible work environment; and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing organization. To apply for any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to
, top candidates will be asked to provide writing samples and references.